All You Need to Know about Equitable National Medicare Supplement Plans
Equitable National Medicare Supplement Plans cover 34 different states and carry the advantage of the portability of plans across employments. Other additional benefits that accompany pre-defined Medicare Supplement Plans make the company an attraction among current and potential policyholders.
But being a reasonable investor, you understand that benefits included in an insurance package are not the only determinants of quality of the underlying package. You also need to ensure the reliability of the insurance provider, their customer care level, and their investment success.
So, how do Equitable National Medicare Supplement Plans appear from the perspective of their company’s performance?
Merits of Equitable National
Equitable National Life is a subsidiary of a mature insurance provider company, Equitable Life and Casualty Insurance Company. The company was established in 1930 during the Great Depression and is protecting the financial matters of people since then. The long life of the company creates a higher level of trust among existing and potential clients.
The parent company seems reliable according to A.M Best ratings. In a 2017 press release, the credit rating agency confirms that the overall outlook of an insurance provider is positive with Financial Strength Rating of B and Long-term Issuer Credit Rating of BB+.
We can judge the customer care potential of the company from the Better Business Bureau’s review for the company. Accordingly, the company attracts a remarkable success rating of A+ showing high levels of customer care and effective policies.
Merits of Equitable National Medicare Supplement Plans
There are a few benefits which the company offers to its clients which are not available among similar plans of other companies. These features include:
- Portability of coverage across different job and employment history of the client;
- Renewability, the policyholder is entitled to renew the plan after the expiry of the policy period;
- Unlimited lifetime benefit; and
- The fixed premium rate for a year.
Plans Offered by the Company
The company offers three most popular plans along with the only mandatory supplement plan, Plan A. These three plans are supplement plan F, G, and N.
All these plans include basic cost coverage that pays for:
- Medicare Part A and B coinsurance;
- Hospice care coinsurance; and
- First 3 Pints of blood.
- All these benefits make a complete package of Medicare Supplement Plan A.
- Equitable National Medicare Supplement Plan F offers extensive coverage that takes basic coverage from Supplement Plan A and adds up the following insurance:
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance;
- Medicare Part A and B deductible;
- Medicare Part B excess charges; and
- Foreign travel emergency.
- Other two plans, Plan G and N, lie in the middle of these two plans with respect to coverage.
- For example, Supplement Plan G covers all the costs included in Plan F with the only exception of Medicare excess charges which are not covered by this particular plan.
Similarly, Medicare Supplement Plan N also excludes Medicare Part B deductible from coverage.
Equitable National Medicare Supplement Plans offer peace of mind to the company’s clients. First, it offers high reliability and trust level of a mature company having more than eight decades of customer service. Secondly, its management capabilities translate into its financial strength in the foreseeable future. In the end, the company offers best packages which are most popular among clients.